Three Days In Provence
A three-day/two-night trip from Paris to Provence
Now booking for 2021!
Visit Avignon, the "Pope's Palace", Châteauneuf-du-Pape, the Pont du Gard and much more.
Price: $675 per person - Three star hotel, $800 per person - Four star hotel
Please enter the date you'd like to arrive in Avignon for day one of the tour. Rail to/from Paris not included in price. Upgrade to the 5 star La Mirande hotel, once a Cardinal's palace, available upon request.
Three Days in Provence Itinerary
Day 1: Avignon
You'll meet your driver at the Avignon rail station upon your arrival from Paris. From there you'll be transferred to your hotel in central Avignon.
Afternoon at leisure and a visit to the "Pope's Palace" (tickets included).
Next, visit the Pont d'Avignon (audio-guide included).
Dinner on your own and overnight at hotel.
The "Pope's Palace" in Avignon
Day 2: "Provence in a Day"
In the morning you'll be picked up at your hotel. Enjoy a semi-private (8 people maximum) full-day tour to discover the most beautiful monuments and sites of Provence. Highlights include:
- Roussillon, one of "the most beautiful villages in France", famous for its red and yellow ocher cliffs and unusual natural landscape.
- Gordes, a perched village in Luberon, also one of "the most beautiful villages in France", completely built with dry stones.
- Visit of the Fontaine de Vaucluse, source of the river Sorgue
- Stop at the Antiques of Saint Rémy de Provence (Triumphal Arch and Funerary Monument) among olive trees; this landscape was painted several times by Van Gogh.
- Visit the Pont du Gard, the best-preserved part of a Roman aqueduct, as classified by UNESCO. Truly a breathtaking monument to Roman history.
- Les Baux de Provence, afternoon visit to this village set 245 meters high upon a rock.
Dinner on your own and overnight.
Day 3: Châteauneuf-du-Pape
Pick up at your hotel. Enjoy a semi-private half-day tour to the vineyards.
Choose from one of two options: 9 a.m. hotel pick and transfer to Châteauneuf-du-Pape, tour, wine tasting and a visit of the Roman theater at Orange. Drop-off at the Avignon TGV station at 1:00 pm. Transfer to Paris via TGV rail.
Free morning in Avignon. Hotel pickup at 2:30 for tour and wine tasting in the hilltop village of Gigondas. Continue to Châteauneuf-du-Pape for a tour and tasting. Drop-off at the Avignon TGV station in the early evening. Transfer to Paris via TGV rail.
The 3-days in Provence Tour Includes:
- 2 nights hotel in Avignon (city taxes included).
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Day trips and transfers and transportation by minibus with English-speaking driver/guide
- Entrance fees for scheduled activities
Not included: Lunch and dinner. Rail to/from Paris.
Paris to Provence Rail Information
A supplement of $125 applies to single rooms and solo travelers. Minimum of 2 persons per booking.
Let's Go Custom!
Contact us to book your perfect custom trip to Provence. We are experts on the region, but more importantly - we love Provence.